Hello, My Name Is Michael J. Carrasquillo
I am a professional NYC-based drummer/musician, digital media creator, front-end web developer, UX consultant, and former music industry marketer living in Staten Island, New York. I like to help musicians, business owners and content creators implement, change, or fix what drives traffic and excites them.
Facts and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
[not in any particular order]
- Puerto [NewYo]Rican/American, born in The Bronx in New York City.
- Core member of the pre-production & post-production team on the twice Grammy nominated R. Kelly series, ‘Trapped in the Closet.’
- Auditioned [Drums] for Nine Inch Nails in 1998, the day of my 21st birthday.
- Created & hosted a politics & technology podcast called “Rock’n The Mike” from 2010 to 2012.
- ENTP-T on the Myers-Briggs personality test
- Auditioned [Bass Guitar] for A Pale Horse Named Death (members of Type O Negative & Life of Agony) in 2013.
- Original drummer in the influential German industrial band KMFDM spin off, Slick Idiot, from 2000 — 2005.
- Played bass for the NYC based band Absinthee, created by The Strokes super producer Gordon Raphael.
- Started video blogging in late 2004 early 2005, pre-YouTube, with my show, ‘The Trials of Being Mike.’
- Auditioned & played [Drums] in Celldweller—in LI, NY—for a few days…max…and was quietly let go. Hey, it happens.
- Auditioned for Carson Daly’s Total Request Live Co-VeeJay slot and lost to Jesse Camp [who?] in 1997/8.
- Marketing representative for WAXTRAX! Records, TVT Records & Dir. of Marketing at Gig Records [1996 — 2002].
- Lived in Nashville, Tennessee for 10+ years and Baltimore, Maryland for 4+ years.
What I Excel At:
Drumming (Live/Studio) • Video Production • Web Development/UX Consulting • Social Media & Content Marketing
Home Brewing Beer • Talking Politics on Various Podcasts and Platforms
The website & blog is built on WordPress (.org) software, it uses the Dandelion theme and is powered by Dreamhost. Site tracking tools used on this site are LuckyOrange, Quantcast & Google Analytics. SEO tools are by Yoast SEO/wpseo. Trade Gothic font, or Google Fonts equivalent, is used blog headlines and also in video lower thirds on Vlog entries. Newsletter services by Mailchimp.
A Brief Blog Description
This blog is directed at all fans of the music & the film entertainment industry. If you enjoy the behind the scenes process of these media industries, this blog should give you some insight to the mind of an entertainer… and occasional political junkie.